Radishes add a burst of color to this easy snow pea stir-fry and cooking them tames their spiciness.
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups snow peas (about 9 ounces), trimmed
- 3/4 cup trimmed and quartered radishes (about 1 bunch)
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews, toasted (see Tip)
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add snow peas, radishes and scallions; cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the sauce and stir to coat well. Remove from the heat; stir in cashews.
Per serving : 90 Calories; 5 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 8 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 185 mg Sodium; 236 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.
- Kitchen Tip: To toast nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.