Father’s Day is right around the corner and I’m guessing a lot of you may still be looking for the perfect gift for dad. Did you know one in two men will develop cancer in his lifetime? Thankfully, there are lots of ways to be proactive and help Dad, Stop Cancer Before it Starts!™ This year, skip the ties, socks and other boring gifts. Remind him that June is Men’s Health Month and the perfect time to start up a healthy habit. Here are some ideas:
- Portable Grill: Help Dad fire up the grill anywhere with a portable grill. Grilling food can cut down on fat and calories compared to other cooking methods, like frying. You can also give him vegetable baskets or trays that make grilling vegetables a breeze.
- Healthy cook book: Kick start some new healthy habits by getting him a basic cookbook that shows how to make healthier versions of his favorite classic dishes.
- Lunch box: Encourage dad to take control of what goes in his lunch by giving him a cool lunchbox. He’ll save money and calories by planning his daily meals and paying more attention to what he eats.
- Health tracker: Wearable devices like Fitbits track every day movements. These are great for people to learn about their current habits to help them set new, healthier ones.
- New gear for his favorite sport: Does your dad love tennis or golf? Give him a new racket or club and get out and play.
- Running or walking necessities: MP3 players and new headphones are great ways to encourage dad to head out for a run or walk. Make him a playlist of his favorite songs so he’ll be excited to get moving.
- Sunglasses: Help dad protect his eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays with a stylish pair of sunglasses. This is a great gift for June as he’s preparing to spend more time outside.
Help your dad reduce his risk for cancer so he can spend many more happy and healthy years with you and your family. For more tips on how to reduce your cancer risk, visit preventcancer.org.