Mediterranean Roasted Broccoli & Tomatoes
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
This dish of roasted broccoli and tomatoes is tossed with bright Mediterranean ingredients just before serving.
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli, tomatoes, oil, garlic and salt in a large bowl until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the broccoli begins to brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and juice, olives, oregano and capers (if using) in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables; stir to combine. Serve warm.
Per serving: 76 calories; 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 4 g mono unsaturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 264 mg sodium; 328 mg potassium
© 2009 EatingWellInc.com Photo: Ken Burris